THE SCIENCE BEHIND REPAIR FOOD™
You’ve heard about the hype around collagen and you’re interested in trying it out for yourself. You reach the joint health section of the pharmacy and as you scan the products on shelf, you’re faced with so many options! Apart from the words on pack you can’t pronounce, the price tags start to make you nervous too. Not all collagen is equal and not all collagen supplements are backed by science. So, if you’re going to purchase a collagen supplement shouldn’t your hard-earned money be spent on a product that suits your needs and works?
At FUTURELIFE® we understand the importance of convenience, nutrition and science.
- Convenience: Saving you time (and washing numerous dishes), our new FUTURELIFE® REPAIR FOOD™ range offers two convenient product formats, REPAIR FOOD™ Nutritional Supplement Shake and REPAIR FOOD™ Protein Bar.
- Nutrition: The REPAIR FOOD™ range of products are high in protein and low GI. REPAIR FOOD™ Nutritional Supplement contains ACTI8™, a patented* combination of carefully selected essential Branched-Chain Amino Acids, 10 g Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides, Chelated Minerals and Targeted Vitamins. REPAIR FOOD™ Protein Bar contains 10g Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides and a textured nougat centre enrobed in a deliciously decadent sugar free dark chocolate coating.
*South African Patent Pending (2019/05507)
- Science: The range is aimed at the maintenance and recovery of joints, cartilage, bones and muscles.
In order to decide for yourself if a product will work, it’s important to understand the science behind the claims. Let’s take a closer look at the claims for REPAIR FOOD™:
- It may assist in preventing the degeneration of cartilage
Collagen contains 19 amino acids (building blocks of protein) including glycine and proline. These amino acids are essential for the stability and regeneration of cartilage. Studies suggest that oral supplementation of collagen hydrolysate may protect cartilage and thus prevent degeneration.
In addition to the clinically supported dose of 10g Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides per serving of REPAIR FOOD™, REPAIR FOOD™ Nutritional Supplement Shake contains Vitamin C to help support the maintenance of cartilage.
- May assist in joint mobility & reducing joint stiffness
Cartilage is an elastic connective tissue and rubber-like padding that covers and protects the ends of long bones at the joints. Collagen assists in maintaining the integrity of cartilage and is thus a key component in joint health. Studies suggest that the consumption of collagen hydrolysate may potentially improve joint health by reducing pain and inflammation. This leads to better mobility.
For effective results from a collagen supplement it’s not only important to get the correct dose, but quality and absorption too. The Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides used in REPAIR FOOD™ are sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine hides thus ensuring a natural, high quality, and sustainable collagen source. By breaking down proteins enzymatically into smaller peptides, the collagen source is easily digested and absorbed.
- May assist in maintenance of bone strength
Bone is a specialized connective tissue mostly made of collagen. As we age, both collagen production in the body and bone mass begins to deteriorate. Research has shown that collagen supplementation may reduce the risk of bone disorders by inhibiting bone breakdown and thus maintaining bone strength.
In addition to the Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides in REPAIR FOOD™, REPAIR FOOD™ Nutritional Supplement contains calcium chelates for bone health as well as vitamins C and D for bone support.
- May assist with building and repairing muscles
As you age, you will naturally start to experience a progressive decrease in muscle mass, strength and quality. The regeneration of muscle mass is important for overall vitality. Research has shown that sufficient amounts of high-quality protein are undoubtedly crucial for muscle mass, with leucine being the most effective amino acid.
REPAIR FOOD™’s high protein matrix contains the amino acids L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine, that cannot be produced by the body, and help support muscle health.
Take care of your body with a complete solution. FUTURELIFE® REPAIR FOOD™. For more information visit www.futurelife.com